Fish is the best summer food, and a perfect meal is not complete without a fresh salad. This Hula Ginger Vinaigrette Salad, adapted from Half Baked Harvest, is the best salad to have with some grilled fish or shellfish.
- 20square wonton wrappers cut into strips (use corn tortillas to make this gluten-free)
- 4-8cup spring greens
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro
- 1cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1avocado, sliced
- 1jalapeno or red chile sliced
- 1/2cup hot chile sesame oil or toasted sesame oil
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 2tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1teaspoon chile garlic sauce or sriracha or more to taste
- 1tablespoon tahini
- 1lime zested + juiced
- 2teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1clove garlic grated or minced
- back and white sesame seeds toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the wonton strips in a single layer (or as best you can get them) on a greased baking sheet. Spray the wontons with olive oil spray and a good sprinkle of sea salt. Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, watching them closely to make sure they don't burn. They are done when they are a light golden color and crisp.
- Combine the spring greens, cilantro, pineapple chunks, avocado, and jalapeño (or red chile) in a bowl and toss.
- In another small bowl make the vinaigrette. Combine the hot chile sesame oil, soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, chile-garlic sauce, tahini, 1 teaspoon lime zest, and the juice of 1 lime, the fresh ginger, and garlic. Add 1-2 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds.
- Divide the greens among plates. Top with tuna, avocado slices, and wonton crisps. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Dig in!
(Recipe courtesy of Half Baked Harvest)